Q: Feels like car isn't shifting into second gear, cant go over 20mph in drive.

I have a 2008 ford crown victoria p71 police Intercepter. I was on my way to a Dr appointment the other day, I warmed my car like I usually do every time I go for a drive. I drove off and a few minutes away from my house my car felt like something was pulling it, felt like it wasn't going into second gear and it wouldn't go over 20mph. I pulled over sat there for a minute and decided to head home. I was able to shift 1st and 2nd gear manually and drive home in 2nd gear just fine. But every time it's in drive it feels like something is pulling. If anyone can help that would be awesome.

There is an issue with the transmission is the main valve either is disconnected inside the transmission oil pan on the controller or the controller has an internal leak or a check ball is not holding. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission.

3. Feels like car isn't shifting into second gear, cant go over 20mph in drive.