Q: Does replacing power steering hoses cause any other issues to arise?

I recently replaced a pressure line hose on my car after noticing a leak. Well, after replacing the hose it still leaks but now it seems to leak in a diffrent place. What I wanted to know is, if you replace a hose on your car, can that cause other issues to arise that were not immediately seen?

With much appreciation, fed up and tired.

Hi there, thanks for writing in. That’s an interesting point you bring up. In short, yes; sometimes when you replace one component another issue will arise because it was masked by the damage on the other part you replaced. This is why it’s very time consuming and frustrating to properly diagnose the root source of symptoms that appear on today’s vehicles. Issues with the power steering hoses can be tricky to solve, which is why most of the time, professional mechanics replace all of the hoses, gaskets and seals as a proactive measure when a hydraulic leak is detected. If you need a break from working on your Pontiac, feel free to contact one of our local mechanics to complete the power steering hose replacement service for you.

• Does replacing power steering hoses cause any other issues to arise?