Q: Need a way to drain out 1 year old gasoline sitting in an otherwise good car.

There is a check-valve/screen or some sort of block that doesn't allow for siphoning. I had to figure this out after I already bought a multi-use pump transfer system. I really need to start this car while mitigating damages. I inherited it and wouldn't want my mom's (rip, God bless ) car to further depreciate or go to waste. I am not sure if attaching a gasoline hose to fuel rail and removing "scharder" valve is a good idea. I am not too familiar with modifications that must then be made to fuel relay and fuel *fuse. Also, I am concerned that, even if I was much more familiar with autos, the fuel pump would undergo major strain and heat if I were to use this method to drain the remaining 15% of fuel. Isn't there some simpler way to mechanically drain the remaining gasoline, so that I can then proceed buy fresh gasoline and dilute it?

Hi there. If the fuel is only a year old, then it should be fine to drive off and fill up with fresh gas as it runs out. If you really want to get the fuel out of the tank, then you need to disconnect the fuel line under the vehicle. When I do this, I disconnect the fuel line at the filter and jump the fuel pump relay to pump it out. The only other way would be to drop the tank and drain it. If you are really concerned and need to have this done, consider having certified mechanic come to your location to perform this cleansing for you and fill your gas tank.

• Need a way to drain out 1 year old gasoline sitting in an otherwise good car.