Q: Do I need new gaskets when replacing the Y-pipe back?

have leak at Y-pipe and left muffler, ordered assy. for pipe and both mufflers, no gaskets came with them, do I need to order some?, they are flanged joints.

Hi. Yes you should put in new gaskets for your exhaust system. If you do not replace the gaskets there is the potential that the old gasket will leak and cause exhaust noise. When replacing anything that has a gasket it is always good practice to the replace the gaskets. This cuts down on having to do the job twice.

If you run into any issues or simply need some assistance, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home to diagnose the leak and help you fix it accordingly. Best of luck.

3. Do I need new gaskets when replacing the Y-pipe back?