Q: Signals from my purge valve sensor are intermittent says the diagnosis.

Diagnostic says that signals from my purge valve sensor are intermittent, so I replaced the purge valve, but the check engine light is still on. What's my next move?

A: Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. ...

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. There could be a vacuum leak at the purge valve or around the purge valve. Look to see if the gas cap closed properly, there is no cracks or other damage on the charcoal canister and all vacuum hoses related to the EVAP system are properly connected. Then the purge valve should be tested for vacuum. If you are getting a code for the purge valve intermittent, then the valve is probably sticking half way.

Since you’ve already replaced the purge valve, I’d suggest seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you with a Check Engine Light diagnostic at your own home to avoid any more unnecessary repairs.