Q: Hood not closing completely

asked by on February 21, 2016

The hood of my car won't close completely.

If body damage is present, such as dents in the hood or fenders, then I would recommend a body shop. Another possibility could involve the bump stops on both sides of the front upper radiator support; they are rubber, and screw in and out. A slight adjustment to these may be required.

If there is no body damage and your bump stops are okay, then your hood latch assembly may require lubrication. I would find a lubricant such as ’PB Blaster’ or ’WD 40’ to soak down the latch assembly, and open and close the hood several times until it works. YourMechanic can send a certified technician to your Civic’s location to lubricate your hood latch for you.