Q: Hood not closing completely

asked by on February 21, 2016

The hood of my car won't close completely.

Lubricate Hood Hinge $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If body damage is present, such as dents in the hood or fenders, then I would recommend a body shop. Another possibility could involve the bump stops on both sides of the front upper radiator support; they are rubber, and screw in and out. A slight adjustment to these may be required.

If there is no body damage and your bump stops are okay, then your hood latch assembly may require lubrication. I would find a lubricant such as ’PB Blaster’ or ’WD 40’ to soak down the latch assembly, and open and close the hood several times until it works. YourMechanic can send a certified technician to your Civic’s location to lubricate your hood latch for you.