Q: Does 2009 Cadillac CTS 3.6 DI have 2 water pumps? I was just told so cos my "check engine light" came on. Also how much would it r

asked by on August 04, 2017

My check engine light came on I called Onstar for a diagnostic, I was told my cooling system needs attention. Took it to a dealership and was told the water pump was leaking and it damaged the auxiliary cooling fan. I then took the car to a friend who works for a GM dealership to look at it. I was later told the water pump is bad so is auxiliary water pump. Now I'm kind of confused...is it an auxiliary cooling fan or auxiliary water pump? The extended warranty said they'll only cover the water pump and not anything auxiliary. My question now is: does the car have two water pumps or it's one? Also how much would it run me to repair the auxiliary water pump/auxiliary cooling fan? Thanks

An auxiliary water pump was used on CTS models with engine code "LLT". You can request pump replacement, right at your location, via YourMechanic’s water pump replacement service page. The auxiliary cooling fan can be replaced using YourMechanic’s fan replacement page. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.