Q: Check engine light

I have a 2003 Chevrolet Silverado and when I accelerate quickly on the freeway my truck will slightly hesitate and the check engine light will come on..

If the check engine light has come on, the stored codes may be related to the hesitation issue. If the light was flashing when it came on, that would signify misfiring, a particularly serious issue. You can request a check engine light diagnostic and a certified mechanic from YourMechanic would use a code scanner to retrieve the specific diagnostic trouble code(s) from your car’s PCM that have caused the check engine light to illuminate. Using those codes, the appropriate individual vehicle components or sub-systems (often a sensor, circuit, and the like) are tested to pinpoint the cause of the fault or the reason why the check engine light has illuminated. Once the faulty part or component is identified, it is explained to your satisfaction and the mechanic will let you know of the cost to repair. Once all codes that have caused the check engine light to come on are resolved the vehicle is then re-evaluated to determine if the hesitation issued is resolved. If not resolved further diagnostics would be required. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Check engine light