Q: Car will not start and there is no spark. Could it be ECM?

Van cut off driving down road. Pulled off busy road and wouldn't start. Not battery. Bought new and installed. Distributor, camshaft sensor, crankshaft sensor, spark plugs and spark plug wires. Pulled out aftermarket alarm. Connected the yellow wire that was spliced. But will not start Can hear relays kick on and fuel pump but when crank not start and no spark. So me being me. A female diyer now what? And if I do have to get the emc does it need to be code reset by dodge?

Hi there. Diagnoses needs to be performed to identify the cause of a no start condition. As you already know, replacing components can be expensive and time consuming without resolution. Checking the fuses in the power distribution center would be a good place to start. The lack of spark may be a faulty ASD (automatic shutdown) relay. Relay(s) can click and not be functional. It could be a problem with the PDC (power distribution center) not supplying power to the necessary components. The ECM (engine control module) failing is possible but I would not go that direction without proper diagnoses.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the vehicle has no spark and to suggest the needed repairs.

3. Car will not start and there is no spark. Could it be ECM?