Q: 2004 lexus IS300 P0010 P0122 P2138 ALSO ERASED CODE P05OO AFTER CLEANING BOTH SENSORS IN TRANNY NOW CAR OVERHEATS IDLES @2000 in p

asked by on October 16, 2017

At first my car wouldnt shift into reverse and got a p0050 error and I missed around with all the transmission sensors and that code was erased and never came back. But now my car wont shift too any gears and ive got bigger problems now my car idles at 2000 while in park and i cant even get the vehicle to shift unless i push the unlock break button on the top left hand corner of the shifter only used for emergencys AND WHEN i shift out it doesnt do anything but when i push down on the gas all the way then it slowly moves forward but thats all and when i let the car idle in park on my driveway it overheats and the white smoke looks like its coming from my battery and smells electrical but really there is boiling comng from the reservoir tank and almost enough pressure to blow off the main coolant lid especially when i turn off the car i can hear the boiling and weird noises its making and when i listen under the vehicle it sounds like the boiling is coming from the transmission pan.

Hi Braxdon. Thanks for contacting us today. Of the error codes you’ve listed, the one that might be the root source of your problems is the P2138 OBD-II Trouble Code. The P2138 trouble code indicates that the Engine Control Module has detected a malfunction within the D and/or E circuits of the throttle position sensor. A high engine idle can cause difficulty shifting into gear, so it’s probably best to resolve this issue first. You can click the blue link above to learn some of possible repairs and causes of that code.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr