Q: Temperature gauge not working?

I have a 98 Honda Civic DX I just replaced the fan switch, thermostat, and connecting pipe. My temp gauge is going crazy it shoots ip to hot but my car doesn't seem to be leaking or overheating any suggestions?

A: You would need to check the temperature sen...

You would need to check the temperature sender unit to see if it got coolant in the connector or wire got shorted somehow. Disconnect the sensor and see if the gauge acts differently. If it does then replace the sensor and recheck the system. If you need help having this looked at, a certified pro from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the electrical circuit related to your temperature gauge and can guide you with the correct repair.