Q: how much is an average price to replace all 4 brake systems on a 2005 Honda Pilot?

asked by on February 06, 2017

I need brakes on a 2005 Honda Pilot. What would the cost be for 2 front, 2 back or both?

The cost depends on exactly what must be done to restore braking performance on your vehicle to like new condition. For example, when installing new brake pads, such MUST be done at the same time that the brake rotors are re-surfaced or replaced with new rotors. The cost differential between re-surfacing a brake rotor on a lathe and buying a new rotor is significant and is even more significant if you desire OEM Honda brake rotors which is the much preferred option by the way. In addition, brake calipers do not last forever. Typically, if the existing calipers have 75,000 or more miles on them, they should be replaced with high quality remanufactured calipers to avoid sticky caliper operation which will often ruin new pads and rotors. To get a spot on, precise estimate and evaluation of your vehicle’s brake system, performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a brake safety inspection and the responding certified mechanic will address any and all concerns that you have and list for you all brake parts that must be re-conditioned or replaced in order to restore your brake system to like new condition. Alternatively, if you already know what you want, or you just want an estimate provided for various scenarios (e.g., new calipers, aftermarket versus Honda rotors, aftermarket versus Honda brake pads, etc.), please simply call 1-888-907-0182. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.