Q: Engine temp reads low 2005 Chevrolet Impala

2005 impala 3.4, engine temp reading low but car still blows heat. When driving in really cold weather temp gauge goes all the way down, but car still blows heat.

Hello - there are a couple of possible problems here: the thermostat may not be working properly, or the coolant temperature sensor for the gauge is not working correctly. A malfunctioning thermostat could allow enough engine heat for heater operation, but not be allowing the engine to operate at proper engine temperature (195-210 degrees farenheit). Also, if the coolant temperature sensor (for the gauge) is malfunctioning, it may simply not be reporting the correct engine temperature (in the center of the gauge). I would recommend a cooling system inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Engine temp reads low 2005 Chevrolet Impala