Q: Child Safety - how to disable the passenger front airbag?

Does the Mercedes Benz child seat transponder disable the front seat airbag in the Sprinter 3500?

Hi there. You can disable the airbag to the vehicle. either the airbag is mechanical or electronic. If the airbag is electronic, when a child is sitting on the seat, the airbag light that says airbag ON, will now say airbag OFF. This means that the airbag will not deploy when a child is in the seat. If the airbag is mechanical, then there may be a key insert to shut off the airbag. If there is no key insert, the you will need to remove the glove box and you will see a yellow wire with a connector on it. That connector is for the passenger airbag. Remove the keys and remove the battery cables, both positive (+) and negative (-). This will make sure that the airbag will not deploy for any reason. Then remove the connection and you will have to install a resistance switch onto the harness that goes to the airbag to confuse the computer thinking that its hooked up so the airbag light does not come on. The resistance switch is available at the dealerships. Once the resistance switch is in place, then hook up the battery and make sure that the cables are tight. If you need further assistance with child safety, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Child Safety - how to disable the passenger front airbag?