Q: My 06 malibu had slow acceleration only in first gear i had a mechanic change the shift solenoids now in reversa and neutral it on

asked by on October 30, 2017

I had a mechanic change shift solenoids now car only goes forward in neutral and reverse only had slow acceleration in the beginning. Whats wrong

The transmission may have additional problems and should be scanned for additional codes first. If there are additional service codes then you will need to have those codes diagnosed. The vehicle should not move in neutral unless it is pushed. If the vehicle only goes in reverse and not in forward gears then it may have internal clutches slipping or valve body problems.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr