Q: I have a 2008 ford E-350 extended passenger van, it was idling rough eventually that day shut off and wouldn't come back on.. it w

it was idling rough eventually that day shut off and wouldn't come back on.. it was trying to turn over but wouldn't. Check engine light indicated it needed a fuel pressure rail sensor, replaced that seemed like it was running fine for a few weeks then i went to start it up and the same thing was happening again.. it started up with some spray on the mass air flow sensor, so i figured maybe id just replaced that. so i replaced the mass air flow sensor and it still wasnt fixed it did turn on after lots of trying and using spray.. after it was running again i had turned it on and off several times with no issue. drove it an hour and 20 mins to work, did fine.. kept it running the day then by mistake turned it off so i went to turn it back on and it came on fine figured it was good so i shut it off and about 30 mins to 1 hr later went to head out and it wouldnt start. check engine light is reading the same as before saying it needs a fuel rail pressure sensor any ideas??

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi Sabrina. Thanks for contacting us today. One thing to remember about OBD-II trouble codes is that they indicate the source of the code being triggered - not always the source of the problem. In this case, it’s quite possible that the electrical harness to the fuel rail sensor or the fuel rail itself is damaged. If you’re not able to start the car without using a starting fluid, then it’s more than likely that the fuel rail or even the throttle body itself is the source of your issue. Before you attempt any repairs, I would strongly recommend having a professional mechanic come to your location to diagnose the symptom first.