Q: my 2006 ford fusion has check charging system light on and temperature is up as well. What is it?

My car was running fine yesterday. Then on my way to work this morning I drove about 4 blocks before the steering wheel locked up on me. And the check charging system light came on.. Followed by the temperature raising as well

On your car, a single belt drives the water pump, power steering pump and alternator. The belt has probably come loose and or has come off completely. Of course, don’t drive the car because if there is no functioning water pump, the car will immediately severely overheat and that will ruin the engine. If you request serpentine belt inspection/replacement a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, will get the belt issue resolved for you promptly. If it turns out that another, or additional issue, accounts for the problem you are reporting, the mechanic will address that too. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. my 2006 ford fusion has check charging system light on and temperature is up as well. What is it?