Q: Windshield is making a popping noise

The windshield makes a popping noise while I am driving. I am not able to tell where it comes from, but it appears to be coming from near the rear view mirror. Any ideas what this could be?

A: Hello. The noise that you hear coming from ...

Hello. The noise that you hear coming from your windshield is likely due to the windshield seal coming loose. This could be fixed by having the windshield resealed. If resealing the windshield does not work, or if this is not an option for you, the entire windshield may need to be replaced.

This is usually a service/repair that is covered by your car insurance. However, a local windshield company would also be able to make the repair.