Q: My heater is not working

Jeff responded to me this morning and said that my heater motor might have a problem. The heater motor is working fine. Could you give me another suggestion?

Hello. As you know, there are two main components to the heater in your vehicle. One is the heater core which uses the warm coolant passing through the motor (and the heater core), and the other is the blower motor which blows the warm air that the heater core generates through the vent system and into the cab of the vehicle. If the blower motor is working without issue, then you will need to check the heater core to be sure it is not leaking and that there is sufficient fluid flowing through it. I would recommend having an expert technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose your heater problem.