Q: Just changed a blown water pump and now the truck chugs when driving and idling on my 2003 Dodge Dakota

Changed a blown waterpump in the truck and now it chugs badly when accelerating and chugs while idling

Hello. Typically I would need to know if the engine overheated when the water pump failed. If it did then that may have caused damage to the engine. At that point I would do a compression test and a block test to see if there is an internal engine issue. If there is then the engine will need to be rebuilt. If not then I would double check the work that was done. If the engine was running fine before replacing the water pump then there may just be a problem with something that was not reinstalled correctly. I would get some assistance from a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, that can come to you to [check and see why the engine is running like this] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/engine-is-misfiring-inspection

3. Just changed a blown water pump and now the truck chugs when driving and idling on my 2003 Dodge Dakota