Q: My car gets stuck in low gear when decelerating

asked by on November 14, 2016

Engine light on, car drive's and shift's fine until I decelerate, pops in a lower gear and stays there until I stop turn off engine restart its fine till the next time

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. It sounds like that the low speed shift sensor has failed in the transmission. This is common occurrence to the transmissions in the Chrysler vehicles. I recommend replacing the low speed shift sensor and then reset the engine light by disconnecting the battery for about 2 minutes and then hooking it back up. If you would like further assistance with this, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with the transmission not shifting into a lower gear when decelerating.