Q: Jump started car now all warning lights are on is that normal?

I jump started my car now all warning lights are on telling me to check brake system power steering etc . Is that normal?

Once the vehicle engine is running, there should not be any warning lights on. If there are, something is wrong. If the battery is faulty, be sure to have it replaced immediately. Jump starting a car these days is an emergency measure only. All sorts of risks, and potential electrical problems, attend jump starting a vehicle and so the thing to do if your battery is faulty is install a new one. Of course, don’t needlessly or prematurely condemn your battery though. If the battery is less than 4 or 5 years old, have it load tested to determine its condition. If the battery is older than 5 years, it is prudent to just replace it outright inasmuch as a good battery is very important. If the battery is bad, there is a possibility that replacing it will resolve the unexpected warning light issues. If the warning light issue remains unresolved, you can request a warning light diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will definitely get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.