Q: In a keyless entry car, can you also have an alarm say auto watch alarm system installed?

asked by on November 21, 2016

I have a key less entry Subaru 2008 model Impreza. It also has an auto watch alarm system installed, it works good, but when i lock the car using the auto watch alarm remote (still having the key less entry remote in hand) and i go away from the car, then i come back to the car with the (still having the key less entry remote in hand) the center light in the car comes on and if i don't unlock the car the auto watch alarm siren goes on.

So every time i am next to the car having both remotes with me, the center light turns on and the auto watch alarm siren goes on.

Hello. From what you describe it would appear that the aftermarket alarm system may be having an issue. If the alarm has done this since it was installed then it may be possible that it is wired improperly, or that there is an issue with the alarm system control module. It may be possible that the two alarm systems are interfering with each other somehow, perhaps due to an issue with the transponders or remotes. I would recommend referring to the alarm system manufacturer, or the shop or technician that installed the alarm for more specific support or instructions.