Q: small oil leak - question on average cost for repair. 2009 VW GTi

Just changed the oil. And Pep Boys automotive told me there is a small oil leak that they spotted under the pan. I am curious on the average cost for repair.

Hi - the cost of repair for an oil leak can vary widely depending on why the oil is leaking. For oil collecting on the bottom of the oil pan, it could be the oil pan gasket, the front crank seal, valve cover gasket, or an oil line. I would recommend an oil leak inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. small oil leak - question on average cost for repair. 2009 VW GTi