Q: Driver's seat no longer moves back when key is removed

The driver’s power seat previously moved back when I would turn off the car and remove the key from the ignition. But it no longer moves back. When I press the set button number 1 it will move to position and the other seat position will move for set 2. What do I need to do in order to once again have the seat move back when I remove the key from the ignition?

I would go into your message center in your Lincoln MKZ to the settings menu. You can then scroll down until you find the feature that is labeled "Easy Exit". Once this feature is found, you should have the option of turning this feature On or Off.

If the menu displays that this feature is on, but the seat is still not moving, try to move the seat back manually with the power seat switch. If the seat does not move backward with the power seat switch, it is likely that the power seat motor has an issue and will likely require replacement in order to resolve the issues that you are currently having. You can have the power seat problem checked by a local expert, such as one from YourMechanic, if you are still having trouble.

3. Driver's seat no longer moves back when key is removed