Q: Speaking noise in steering wheel

It got really cold a few days ago! The next day after pulling in my driveway after work I heard a whining and groaning from my power steering pump! It's always had a low whine since I've owned it! I replaced it and that sound is gone! The rack and pinion was replaced less than a yr ago! When my car is crunk and sitting, if I turn steering wheel left or right I hear a sort of squeaking sound! What do you think it could be! I'm taking it next Monday to have the steering and suspension checked

If you are hearing this sort of noise when you are turning the steering wheel and it does not sound the same as the previous power steering noises that you were hearing, the most likely cause is a dried out ball joint or tie rod. This is a common problem with many Ford, Lincoln, Mercury vehicles as well as large vans and trucks in general. I would recommend having a certified technician use a mechanic’s stethoscope to determine which ball joint or tie rod is making that noise and then replace faulty parts accordingly. Consider YourMechanic as these services can be completed at your home or office.

3. Speaking noise in steering wheel