Q: My 2009 Chevy Aveo LT won't crank over until all the gauge needles jump on to their normal position. What is wrong?

My 2009 chevy Aveo LT wont crank over. Not until all the gauge needles jump on to their normal position. I put in the key and everything works (radio, interior lights, dashboard) except the gauge needles are down (dead) all of them. Rpm, mph, temperature, fuel So i have to wait until after about a minute or less (if im lucky) for them to pop up to their normal positions so that i can start the car. It won't even crank or do anything until the needles turn on. Sometimes they fall back down and up again for about every other minute while im driving. Another thing is if the car is on and the needles fall back down while im in stop light, it gives a hard kick/jerk going from neutral to drive. It then starts jerking and having a hard time accelerating when i drive about 30 mph.

Hi there. There are connectors in the back of the dash gauge cluster in the dashboard. One or all of the harness are loose and causing an issue with the gauges. Remove the dash panel and remove the dash gauge cluster panel from the dashboard. Check the harness to the clusters that they are tight. You may get lucky to find the wire connections under the dash without having to take off the gauge cluster panel. If the wires are good and the connectors are tight, then there is a loose ground wire within the dash causing a loss of power to the dash gauge cluster making the computer shut down the engine and putting the vehicle in limp mode when this happens. Tighten all ground wires and make sure that the battery is clean and tight with a full charge. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from Your Mechanic, that can assist you with the gauge cluster that is not working properly.

• My 2009 Chevy Aveo LT won't crank over until all the gauge needles jump on to their normal position. What is wrong?