Q: How do I check the level of engine coolant?

How do I check the level of engine coolant?

Engine coolant serves a vital purpose in your engine, helping to disperse heat from engine operation into the atmosphere. As a responsible car owner, you should know how to keep an eye on your coolant level. Don’t worry, though. It’s not hard to do. Just follow these steps:

1. Turn off the engine.

2. Open the hood.

3. Locate the coolant reserve tank (it’s on the passenger side near the front). It’s translucent, and you’ll see two lines on it – “min” and “max”.

4. Make sure the level of fluid is between the minimum and maximum lines. If it’s low, you’ll need to top off the fluid, and possibly have the system inspected for a leak.