Q: Car running rough

I don't think my car is running right. There is a warning light that comes on saying Restricted Performance, and my car runs rough when it does.

A: When your engine computer sees a problem wi...

When your engine computer sees a problem with a major sensor or sees that an engine is misfiring, the computer will turn on the restricted performance statement with a red or amber light. The problem may be one of several, and may limit RPM’s to less than 3000. I recommend you seek a mobile mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to come and test your vehicle for you. The computer will need to be scanned for any warning lights and any codes diagnosed.