Q: HAVING PROBLEMS SHIFTING MY 2014 EXPEDITION XLT NOW THE POWER TRAIN LIGHT IS ON

ABOUT A WEEK AGO STARTED HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY EXPEDITION SHIFTING COULD NOT GET IT OUT OF PARKING. NOW MY POWER TRAIN LIGHT IS ON AND STILL HAVING PROBLEMS GETTING IT OUT OF PARKING IT IS A GROUND SHIFT

Hello. A transmission that will not shift into park can be caused by a wide variety of issues. A few common causes are a faulty stoplight switch, a bad shift solenoid, or perhaps an internal transmission issue. The stoplight switch is the electronic switch that powers the brake lights. it is wired into the shifting mechanism to only allow the vehicle to shift into gear when the brakes are applied. If the switch fails it can prevent the transmission from shifting into gear, along with disabling the stoplights. Another possibility is faulty transmission components. The gears are controlled by solenoids and sensors and If one of the transmission shift solenoids or sensors fail it may be preventing the vehicle from shifting out of park. Similar symptoms can also be caused by internal transmission faults, such as worn gears, or clutch packs These sorts of issues are more serious in nature and usually require removal and disassembly of the transmission to repair. If the power train light is on retrieving the trouble codes will likely reveal some insight on what the problem may be. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose the cause of your shifting issues, and illuminated powertrain light.

• HAVING PROBLEMS SHIFTING MY 2014 EXPEDITION XLT NOW THE POWER TRAIN LIGHT IS ON