Q: The yellow exclamation light and emission light is on my dashboard.

Had serpentine replaced in Oct '16. 2 days ago I added power stering fluid and windshield fluid. I drove half mile and yellow exclamation lite came on. then the emission lite came on and puttered and stopped. I waited 5 min. then started car to get home about 1 city block and both lites stayed on. Next day started car no lites so went to store. About half mile the emission lite came on and went to hot, so I put heater on full blast, but no hot air at all. Let it sit about half hour, got almost home and both lites lit and arrow went to hot. Got home and parked. Now I need it fixed and am on a fixed income.

The yellow exclamation light is coming on for the brake fluid sensor is picking up the level is low. If the fluid was low before and you topped it off and now the light is on, check the brake fluid level and see if its low again. If its low, then check the brake system for any leaking brake fluid and replace any parts that are leaking.

For the emissions light being on, you would want to check the engine’s computer (ECM) to see if there is any codes that will be causing the light to come on.

If your engine is overheating very rapidly, then either the coolant temperature sending unit is acting up (only if your engine is not hot), the thermostat is sticking shut (would explain why there is no heat on the heater when turned on), or the head gasket is burned. If you need further assistance with your engine overheating, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. The yellow exclamation light and emission light is on my dashboard.