Q: I replace my ecm cranks once but won't start

I replaced my ECM and now it cranks over once but won't start. Then if I was to try and start it for the 2nd time, it won't do anything. Not sure what it could be

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. There are a numb...

Hi, thanks for writing in. There are a number of systems that your ECM controls. Be sure you are getting power to all of your critical components like fuel pump, injectors, coil packs, etc. Check to see if when cranking the car gets fuel. Do this by cranking it and then pulling a spark plug out to see if it is wet with fuel. Next check things like crank and cam sensors as these can cause the car to not produce a spark when not functioning properly as they contribute to proper timing.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.