Q: Cruise control has not been working for a while.

Ive noticed my cruise control system not working for a while, but now that its started to get colder when I'm currenly living my trucks high idle system won't kick in. Ive read on thing to check I've done looked at what i could do before spending money on sensors. I just want to know if the systems are tied together. Thanks

A: Hi there. First check to see if the cruise...

Hi there. First check to see if the cruise control fuse is blown. Then check the brake light switch, the brake pressure switch, the speed sensor on the transmission, or the cruise control buttons. Most of the time the brake light switch looses contact and causes the cruise control to fail. Also, the speed sensor on the transmission could be defective not allowing the cruise control to actuate. If you need further assistance with the cruise control not working, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.