Q: Anti theft module, ECU and ignition switch 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor

We have this car in Guatemala and we had the ignition switch from another car and right now are going to send the antitheft module and ECU down to put on because they aren't working. However the mechanic said he has to have all three pieces from the same car because he wouldn't be able to program them all together but the ECU and antitheft are from the same car, can't he just program those two to the switch?? we haven't been able to find all three parts from the same car and too expensive to buy new.....

Hi there - this may be more a matter of the equipment availability to "program" anti-theft components. Most mechanics do not have access to anti-theft/security components in the vehicle. These are only available to dealers licensed by that manufacturer. This would be the reasoning to ask for all 3 anti-theft components from a known, working vehicle. With some vehicle designs, the instrument cluster and body control module ALSO have to be from the same vehicle as your component list, as they share copies of some critical information such as anti-theft, vehicle mileage, etc. Good luck!

3. Anti theft module, ECU and ignition switch 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor