Q: Won't start

asked by on October 02, 2016

My car overheated. I stopped, had it towed, then I replaced the water pump, thermostat sensor, and thermostat. Did a compression test. My compression is 185-190psi on all cylinders went to turn it over it start but dies all my warning lights are on won't shut off and my cluster is not working what would make it not start? My head gasket it fine and I have fuel going to the motor and spark could it be the immobilizer or cluster? None of my warning lights shut off

Car is not starting Inspection $94.99 - $114.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thanks for writing in. From what you describe it would appear that your vehicle is experiencing some sort of engine performance or electrical issue. If the warning lights are on then I would scan the computer for trouble codes to see if they may shed some light on the issue. If the fuel and spark check out, then it may be possible that an engine management sensor, the immobilizer, or even the cluster itself are causing the issue. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr