Q: Key light is on and car starts but dash lights won't come on

asked by on September 17, 2017

My 2010 Nissan altima 2.5s starts but the lights on the dash won't come on and the orange key light is on. When I pull the key out of the slot it says no key but with it in the slot it still won't turn on dash lights. Able to put in reverse and drive but has no power to move and the radio and everything else works. I replaced the key batteries and still had the same issue.

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Aaron. Thanks for contacting us today. We’re a bit confused by the issues you’re having based on the input we’ve received. If the vehicle will start, but when you shift into gear the car doesn’t move, it’s likely that the shift solenoid is damaged or another electrical fault exists within the CVT transmission. The lack of dash lights indicates a possible electrical glitch or possibly a blown fuse / electrical relay. Since there are a few different things going on with your Altima, it’s probably best to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete an onsite inspection, to determine what’s causing these problems.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr