Q: Q: How do you reset the Maintenance Minder?

How do you reset the Maintenance Minder?

There are many reasons that you might need to know how to reset the Maintenance Minder™ in your car. Maybe you changed the oil yourself, or maybe you took it to a shop and they forgot to reset it. By knowing how to change it, you can ensure that the system stays current (it works on mileage, so if it’s not reset, your service reminders will be inaccurate). Here’s how to do it:

1. Turn the key to the on position.

2. Press the select/reset knob to show the engine oil life percentage.

3. Press it for at least 10 seconds.

4. Wait for the oil life indicator to start blinking (any other maintenance reminders will also blink).

5. Press the knob for an additional 5 seconds.

6. The oil life percentage should reset to 100%.

3. Q: How do you reset the Maintenance Minder?