Q: Overheating - 2006 Chrysler 300

asked by on November 10, 2016

Replaced the sensor not Overheating just going past the middle line from time to time

Hey there. The engine temperature should be monitored using a scanner to read the computer data to see if the engine is overheating or the thermostat is not opening at the correct temperature causing the engine temperature to get too high before it opens or the cooling fans are not coming on at the correct temperature indicating a fan switch or thermostat is working erratically. Replace the thermostat or replace the thermostatic fan switch to correct the fan not coming on at the correct temperature. If you would like to have this diagnosed, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the overheating issue and follow through with repairs.