I have an 06 Chrysler 300 all the dash lights come on the...

Q: I have an 06 Chrysler 300 all the dash lights come on the gauges fall to 0, then all lights on off and gauges go back to normal, w

asked by on August 30, 2017

All the dash lights come on and gauges drop to 0, then the light go off gauges go back to normal, it can do it ones or sometime it does it 3, 4 time in a row

There is a known problem where the driver’s seat loses ground between the top part of seat and lower part of seat and will cause a static discharge and will make the instrument cluster reset. The fix is to add a ground strap from the seat frame and the lower seat track. The technical bulletin number is 08-049-06 and the part for the ground strap is in bulletin below.

INSTRUMENT CLUSTER RESETS IF DRIVER EXITS VEHICLE WITH THE ENGINE RUNNING OR IGNITION IN THE RUN POSITION

TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN

Reference Number(s): 08-049-06, Date of Issue: December 05, 2006 CHRYSLER: 2006 - 2007 (LX) 300, Magnum, Charger GROUP: Electrical SUBJECT

Instrument Cluster Resets If Driver Exits Vehicle With The Engine Running Or Ignition In The Run Position.

OVERVIEW

This bulletin involves installing a ground strap between the seat cushion support and the seat track rail.

NOTE: This Bulletin Applies To Vehicles Equipped With Cloth Seats. SYMPTOM/CONDITION

If the customer exits the vehicle with the engine running, the instrument cluster could reset due to a static electric discharge which can occur when the customer slides across the seat. All of the gauges will momentarily drop to the off position and the fluorescent display could change from temperature or trip mileage to the odometer mileage.

DIAGNOSIS

If a customer indicates that the symptoms have occurred, perform the Repair Procedure.

PARTS REQUIRED

PARTS DESCRIPTION CHART

Qty. Part No. Description 1 04469334AC Ground Strap REPAIR PROCEDURE

Install one end of the ground strap, p/n 04469334AC, on the driver seat, metal seat cushion support as shown (Fig 1). Fig 1: Identifying Ground Strap Location G04576303 Install the other end of the ground strap to the upper seat track rail (Fig 1). Using a digital ohmmeter, check the continuity between seat cushion support and the seat track. The resistance should be less than 1 Ohm. POLICY

Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.

TIME ALLOWANCE

TIME ALLOWANCE CHART

Labor Operation No: Description Amount 04-45-10-98 Install Ground Strap (B) 0.2 Hrs. FAILURE CODE

FAILURE CODE CHART

ZZ Service Action

Hi Rebbecca. Thanks for contacting us today. Most of the time, the symptoms you are describing is caused by an electrical short with one of the wires behind the dashboard. It can be due to a loose fitting ground wire or an electrical relay that is loose or faulty as well. It’s probably best to have a professional mechanic complete an electrical inspection to isolate the source of this problem so the right repairs can be made.