Q: Air conditioning gasket in cabin leaking

The air conditioning gasket in the cabin of my car is leaking.

A: The information provided for your Saturn is...

The information provided for your Saturn is very limited. There can be a couple of things that would cause the AC to leak into the cabin of the vehicle. A more common thing I have come across is the condensation tube becoming clogged in the evaporator box located under your dashboard. Debris can accumulate and make its way passed the cabin air filter and plug up the hole that allows the condensation to drip out of the evaporator box and on to the ground outside the vehicle. When this hole plugs up, water will build up inside the evaporator box and eventually find its way into the cabin of the vehicle. When this happens the carpet will soak up the water and eventually leave a musty smell. The evaporator may also develop a leak which can leak refrigerant into the cabin of the vehicle. There is usually a distinct smell and as it dissipates the AC will fail to blow cold.

I would highly recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic to come by and inspect your AC system for leaks. They will have the experience needed to help you identify the cause of your concerns as well as make the necessary repairs for your vehicle.