Q: Check engine Light appears

I'm not sure what to do. I have a P0440 Emissions System Fault. The 'check engine' light is on, but no one seems to know what to do a several different auto shops. The car is kind of sputtering. Does that have anything to do with the P0440 ESF? If you need to know the mileage, it's approximately 169,000. What will fix this?

Hello. The P0440 code you are getting is for an EVAP system problem. This code is generic so the system needs to be checked. Most of the time it is because of a system leak such as a fuel cap or leaking solenoid. I typically perform a smoke test first to see if there are any leaks. If not then the solenoids need to be checked. The shop should be doing this. If you are going to have it fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic will come to your home or office to diagnose your Check Engine Light and make any necessary repairs.

3. Check engine Light appears