Q: My car lacks power, the acceleration doesn't seem to be there and there has been a few times where my car had trouble starting.

asked by on November 09, 2016

Should I be worried about the longevity of the car?

Loss of power Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. I understand your concern and have experienced this feeling myself once my vehicle had some mileage. How often is the maintenance performed? When was the last time the air filter, spark plugs, oil, trans, etc. changed? Has the vehicle had a good inspection to see if there are any needed services that could improve the performance? Carbon buildup, clogged air filters, and worn spark plugs can deteriorate the performance of any vehicle. Also, things like sticking brake calipers and seizing wheel bearings or axle bearings could restrict the performance as well. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. YourMechanic has several technicians available that can assist you with a loss of power inspection.