Q: Q: Fuel problem

Recently replaced the timing belt due to it being shredded from a faulty timing tensioner. after everything the car started, ran really rough then died out like it was having a fuel issue. after a fuel pressure test i noticed that the pressure was not holding in the lines and that it appears all the injectors are stuck open and dumping fuel into the engine causing it to be too flooded to start. So my question is now, what would cause all the injectors to just stay open?? (truck has a new fuel pump, filter and also a replaced ECM due to me thinking this was the problem before finding out about the timing belt) Tried both the old and new ECM to see if the new one was faulty but i get the same result with both. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Hello. A fuel system leak such as the one you describe can be caused by a few different things. The injectors are pulsed on and off by the engine computer. If you have already replaced it then it may be possible that the issue is elsewhere, perhaps with the fuel system components themselves. Injectors can leak fuel if their nozzles become contaminated and stuck open, or simply worn out. The injectors would have to be inspected and tested in order to determine if this is the case. The same can also occur if there is an issue with the fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, or with the fuel lines that result in excessively high fuel pressure. The fuel system and it’s components are designed to run at a specific pressure, and may not function correctly and even leak if the pressure is excessively high. If all of these performance issues began after the timing belt service, it would be a good idea to verify that the engine is timed correctly and properly reassembled, as an error there could also cause symptoms similar to a fuel system issue. If you are unsure, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine what the cause of your stalling and performance issues may be.

3. Q: Fuel problem