Q: Driver's door won't lock; washer fluid malfunctioning

The mechanic told me that my car has three fuse boxes, but there are only two that I can find. I keep searching for the third one. My driver’s side door not locking several weeks ago. When I try to lock it, the passenger’s side door locks. Another problem that developed is the washer fluid stopped spraying out evenly. The fluid is filled properly and the tubes are connected; no blockage. Also, the wipers are working well and turn on/off okay. I don't know if these problems are related to each other or not. I have been considering that it is a blown fuse and that’s why I've been searching for all of the fuse boxes. What are your suggestions for what I need to do to repair these problems in my car?

A: Hello there, thank you for asking about you...

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 1990 Oldsmobile Toronado. You can rule out a blown fuse for both of these issues. If the fuse were blown, the circuit would not operate at all. I'm guessing from your description that when you hit the power door lock switch from the driver's side, the passenger side operates as designed but the driver's side does not. In this case, the problem is likely a failed driver's door lock actuator. As far as the washers go, the squirter nozzles are probably clogged. I suggest you have a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, address these issues for you and replace the door lock actuator and clean the washer tubes at your home or office.