Q: The car won't start, battery works

My car won't start at all. I would put the key in the ignition but there is no cranking and the engine seems unresponsive. There are no issues with the battery. The lights inside the car work also. What could be the problem?

Hi there. If the battery is fine, then it may be a bad battery cable, starter, or even the security system. I usually try a spare key if there is one and also try starting it in neutral to make sure that the issue is not the transmission position sensor. If both of those are fine, then a voltage drop test of the starter, and battery cables need to be done. If those are also fine, then the security system will need to be tested. If you need to have this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your starting issue and perform any needed repairs.