I am trying to replace the dc converter in my 2006 Honda ...

Q: I am trying to replace the dc converter in my 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid. I bought used one online and put it in but not working.

asked by on August 06, 2017

It looked like a plug and play type of thing. My 2006 Civic Hybrid was running ok but was just sluggish at times. When I had in for an oil change I told them about the issue and they told me it was the DC converter (part of the IMA battery system). So I looked online it looked like a plug and play type of thing that I could do myself. So I bought a used one online and I put it in. But now the electrical system is going haywire and the standard battery is completely dead. I tried just putting the old one back in but it's still acting the same way and won't run. Someone mentioned that I might have to get the new part 'flashed' to my car before it will work. Is this what is going on?

Hi there. Unfortunately, there are too many variables we are not aware of, including the type of component you are using (OEM or aftermarket), the installation process or condition of the vehicle prior to the service completed to provide you with a good recommendation. It’s probably best to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an electrical problems inspection.