Someone cut the ignition wires to try to take my 2006 imp...

Someone cut the ignition wires to try to take my 2006 impalla. I got wires back together but it wont start. It has a chipped key system. Is there any way to get it going without getting charged a fortune by a tech guy or locksmith...

Someone cut the ignition wires to try to take my 2006 impalla. I got wires back together but it wont start. It has a chipped key system. Is there any way to get it going without getting charged a fortune by a tech guy or locksmith? Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded? Battery is fine Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Impala yourself? What have you tried so far? Yes by myself, i reconnected the cut wires and tried unhooking battery to reset system Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? Nope, i cant leave it where its parked obviously. Cant trust the neighborhood.

Automotive Expert
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I will do my best to assist you.. I help many customers, so sometimes my replies are delayed, I will respond once available. During this conversation you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer.I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call. Did you try the 3x 10 key method yet ?

Dont know what that isWhat is 3× 10 key method
Automotive Expert
ok go to the 30 min mark of this video it shows you how to, if the key does not relearn you will need a locksmith or dealer to reprogram the keys [Chevy Colorado: No Start, No Crank - YouTube](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXkXuz1yuf8)