Q: Key fobe

asked by on October 15, 2016

My car sometimes only unlock my door not the others it does it with the key fob and when I press it inside

Power door locks are not working Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Most manufacturers have the function of the key fob set to one press for the driver door and 2 presses for all doors. This may or may not be the case with your concern. Also, a weak key fob battery could be causing issues with unlocking the doors. There could be other underlying issues with the body receiver which communicates with the key fob and provides the lock/unlock functions or the vehicle battery may have a bad cell affecting the vehicle communication. I suggest changing the key battery first and checking the operation. Your Mechanic has several technicians available to assist with a power door locks not working inspection and provide you with an estimate and direction of repair.