Q: New clutch, now car briefly loses power uphill as if the breaks are being lightly tapped. Also sometimes revs high without power.

Since fitting a new clutch, I experience very brief loss of power when driving steadily, usually third or fourth gear and especially on gradual hills. Today, it revved very high when I applied more gas going uphill in third, but there was no extra power served.

Hi there. Fiat’s are notorious for having clutch system problems. The clutch system on a Fiat is also one of the most difficult to adjust. In fact, a discrepancy of less than 0.010" can cause the clutch to slip. When a car is accelerating up hill, additional drag is created on the clutch, which is why the likely cause of your issue is that it’s not adjusted correctly. I would recommend having a professional Fiat specialist look at your vehicle to see if they can adjust the clutch for you, or look over the system for you.

3. New clutch, now car briefly loses power uphill as if the breaks are being lightly tapped. Also sometimes revs high without power.