Q: Why would the push rod come out of my slave cylinder on my 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse

asked by on May 26, 2017

my piston on my cluch slave cylinder got pushed out andthn the cluch peddal went to the floor with no pressure and so we replaced the cluch slave cylidar with a new one and it happened again now with this in mind we replaced the trabmission a yr ago it wasused then we replaced the throw out baring the cluch master cylider a yr ago allso amd they were new so we dont no what to do can u help

Hello. If the push rod continues to come out of the slave cylinder then you either have an alignment issue with the cylinder, or more commonly it is because the clutch disc or pressure plate have failed. Too much clearance will cause this to occur. You should have this checked by a transmission specialist.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr